Join the Library
All Wairoa District residents can join the library free of charge. To register, please bring identification and proof of residential address (i.e. a recent bank statement, bill etc.) Children under 16 years must have their application signed by a parent or caregiver.
If you wish to only use our eInfo or eBooks then, apply for an eAccess Library Card.
Services to Schools
Teachers can request class books by completing the Request for Classroom Resources form.
Free Internet Options
Wairoa Public Library provides free computing and Internet access via the Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa (APNK).
APNK desktop PCs are available for customer use and are installed with a range of software; Microsoft Word, Open Office, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Skype, Adobe Acrobat reader and other programs. Each APNK PC has a DVD and CD drive , USB ports, memory card slots, a webcam and headset.
Free ANPK Wifi access is also available during library opening hours.
Use of the computers is on a first come, first served basis. At busy times a limit of 30 mins per session applies. Bookings are advised. Please ask a staff member or call 8388450 to book a 30 mins session.
Black and white, A4 printing is available from PCs and wifi at a cost of 20c per page.
When you are using library computers you should not:
- attempt to violate our computer system security
- do anything illegal, infringe copyright or view offensive material.
- disturb other people's use of the library.
Aotearoa Peoples Network Kaharoa reserves the right to prevent access to objectionable material.
See also Wairoa Public Library's Internet Access Policy. Customers breaching these policies may be banned from using library computers.
Books are issued for three weeks.
All Library material except interloaned and reserved items may be renewed, by telephone 838 8450 (day or night just leave a message), txt 027 376 2717, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or by bringing the book into the library. Books can be Returned after hours through the slot in the rear of the building.
Fees and Charges
- $2 administration fee per letter sent
- 50c per text or phone message
- 10c per day per book for adults books
- 5c per day per book for childrens books
- Lost Book - Charges As Per Purchase Cost Of Item Plus $5.00 Administration Fee
- Self-service photocopying 20c per page A4
- Computer printing 20c per A4 page b/w, 30c double sided A4
- Reserve system $1 per item
- Inter-library loans $5 per item